The BEST homemade Strawberry-Rhubarb jam recipe!
This is the BEST homemade Strawberry-Rhubarb jam recipe.It is the perfect blend of sweet & tart. Don’t be intimidated by the canning process, YOU CAN DO IT!!! It’s worth it, I promise!
4 1/2 c. diced rhubarb
4 1/2 c. sliced strawberries
2 T. lemon juice
2 packages powdered fruit pectin
10 c. sugar
1/2 t. butter (optional)
1. Rinse rhubarb and strawberries.
2. Dice rhubarb and slice strawberries.
3. Add rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, fruit pectin, and butter into a large pot.
4. Stir the fruit until it begins to break down into a more liquid form.
5. Add sugar 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and the juice starts to simmer.
6.Turn up heat to medium-high. Once the mixture is at a full rolling boil, cook and stir for 1 minute.
7.Skim off any foam that forms.
1.Sterilize the lids and jars in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
2.Ladle the jam carefully into the hot, sterilized jars.
3.Fill the jars to within 1/4 inch of the top.
4. Wipe the rims of the jars to remove any food or liquid residue.
5. Top with lids, and screw on rings.
6. Fill a large canning pot halfway with water.
7.Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the jars into the water bath. (Leave about a 2″ space between the jars). You can add more boiling water if needed. The water level should be at least 1″ above the tops of the jars.
8.Bring the water to a full boil, cover the pot, and process in the water bath for 5 minutes.
9.Carefully remove the jars, and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface. (Keep the jars several inches apart, until cool.)
10.Don’t move or touch the jars until they are cooled.
11.Make sure all jars have been properly sealed.
12.Store in a cool, dark area.
This recipe has been adapted from the original recipe by Carla Bruss at AllReceipes.